J&T's Auto Cafe has job openings available for a Service Writer! We're looking for honest, dedicated, customer-service oriented people to join our team at Corning, NY.
Service Writers are our shop's face and voice to the outside world, and are therefore an incredibly important part of our success as a shop. A successful service writer will have an understanding of automotive work, a positive and outgoing personality, and a dedication to honesty and fairness.
The Service Writer will be responsible for:
- Scheduling appointments with customers.
- Ensuring effective communication between service technicians and J&T's Auto Cafe customers.
- Inspecting vehicles and accurately diagnosing problems
- Providing estimates to customers based on parts and labor costs and deductibles, after verifying warranty coverage
- Preparing accurate repair orders, detailing problems and approving repairs
- Updating customers with any service recommendations made by service technicians
- Maintaining and enhancing knowledge of automotive maintenance and repairs
Applicants are required to be:
- At least 18 years old
- Recipients of a high school diploma or GED
- In possession of a valid driver's license
- Dependable, honest and outgoing
- Available to work weekends and some holidays
- Available Monday - Friday 7:15AM until at least 12PM
- Calm natured, friendly to all, and a good listener
Click here to submit your application for this position.
5 stars! Tommy is a SUPER nice guy. My hybrid car had a funny noise. They got to my car quickly and when I picked it up there was no noise at all. It was completely fixed! They knew exactly what it was and I have never had such good service done with my car. Reasonable pricing, too. Best business for cars in Corning!
Misty H., 07/08/2021
I called at 2:53 to ask if they had time for an oil change. He said he could squeeze me in at 3:30. I arrived at 3:15 and left by 3:30. Great fast service and a really good price. He even filled my tires with air. I've scheduled an appointment for next week to have the car looked over. I really appreciated the service I got!
joanne goodman, 04/14/2021
I needed an oil change in a pinch, and the folk over at J&T managed to get me in quickly! Not only that, but I was delightfully surprised at the cost of the change itself (compared to other lube&tire shops). Additionally, the gentleman who performed the change was very friendly, personable, and even checked up on my other fluids without asking! All in the course of 10 minutes! Very satisfied with the service. I'd give 6 stars if I could.
Harik Farnham, 03/08/2021